The Knicks have lost five of their last six games. Luckily for them, being the 10th seed in the Eastern Conference would still put them in a position to make the playoffs, at least for the play-in tournament. It’s been a rocky back-and-forth ride for Tom Thibodeau’s squad, who lost a heartbreaker to the Bulls in Chicago Monday night. Speaking of those Bulls, should the Knicks do whatever it takes to make a trade for their star Zach LaVine?
We debate that and much more on the latest episode of the “Big Apple Buckets” podcast with Sal Licata and Jerome “The Junk Yard Dog” Williams, featuring an interview with Bleacher Report’s Taylor Rooks.
Big Apple Buckets with Sal & The Junk Yard Dog:
- Knicks losing five of their last six games. Knicks badly need a scorer. Could LaVine be the guy to put the Knicks over the top?
- What would it take to get him? Would you trade Kevin Knox, Frank Ntilikina and draft picks? Immanuel Quickley, Julius Randle and RJ Barrett are untouchables.
- Knox not in the 10-man rotation anymore. Dennis Smith Jr. going to the G League. Do these guys have any value in a trade?
- Defense has carried the Knicks, but they need help scoring. They need an outside shooter. Only a few guys that are carrying them. Randle should be in the All-Star Game on March 7 in Atlanta.
Inside The Dog House: The Junk Yard Dog tells the story of meeting Allen Iverson when they were at Georgetown together and what ensued next.
Taylor Rooks Interview:
Host of Bleacher Report’s “Take it There with Taylor Rooks”
- Perception of the Knicks around the league. Believes they will make the playoffs.
- Thibs loves LaVine. Could see him working out in a Knicks uniform.
- Loving Quickley’s game, can be a star. Knicks-Nets dynamic and new storylines every night between the two teams.
- Why she loved being inside the NBA bubble over the summer.
- Courtside Karen and basketball still being great without fans there.
- Biggest interviews Rooks has done and still wants to do in her career.
Catch up on all episodes of “Big Apple Buckets,” a New York Knicks podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. New episodes of the show drop Tuesday afternoons.