Stay calm, Rangers fans. We are only six games in and have 50 more to go in this funky, shortened season. The goaltending has been a concern so far in the post-King Henrik era. While the Blueshirts are on a four-game losing streak, it’s not time to panic just yet. To keep the fans calm and break down what’s going on with the team, we bring you a new episode of the “Up In The Blue Seats” podcast with Ron Duguay and Mollie Walker.
Up In The Blue Seats Opening with Ron Duguay & Mollie Walker:
- No exhibition games and no Henrik Lundqvist has hurt goaltending. Not time to jump off a cliff yet after four-game losing streak.
- Filip Chytil out 4-6 weeks. Big loss for the Rangers. He took huge strides developmentally so far this season.
- Has Artemi Panarin lost confidence? A big part of his success last season was connection with Ryan Strome, who has not been as noticeable so far.
- Should the Rangers go after Brian Boyle? Would be a perfect fit for this team and could help with their faceoff struggles.
- K’Andre Miller has been a bright spot for the Blueshirts so far.
- What’s going on with Alexis Lafreniere so far? He has not stood out.
Larry Brooks Interview:
NY Post Hall of Fame Rangers beat writer
- Should the fans be panicking? It’s time for concern within the team.
- Pavel Buchnevich has been a bright spot so far.
- Goaltending has been the biggest problem. Never had to worry about that for 14 years.
- Depth has been a concern so far, especially when Mika Zibanejad is not playing well. It hurts depth up the middle.
Steve Valiquette Interview:
Former Rangers goalie, MSG Network Rangers studio analyst
- His analysis of what he has seen from Igor Shesterkin and Alexandar Georgiev.
- Why he is not in panic mode.
- Responsibility with being the guy at goaltender. Pressure on Shesterkin. One of the toughest jobs in sports, comes with mental fatigue.
- Adam Fox has been impressive. Miller has played well.
- Mistakes are under a big light. Pressure comes with being a goalie. Analyzing what both goalies are doing right, doing wrong.
- Lafreniere just needs more chances. Have to wait and see. Was a generational player at junior level.
- Fashion tips he got from working with Ron at MSG Network.
Catch up on all episodes of “Up In The Blue Seats,” a New York Rangers podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. New episodes will be released every Thursday.